The Solar Industry has witnessed unparalleled growth in the past few years. As of March 2021, Australia’s over 2.77 million solar PV installations had a combined capacity of 21,352 MW photovoltaic (PV) solar power, of which at least 4,082 MW were installed in the preceding 12 months. In 2019, 59 solar PV projects with a combined capacity of 2,881 MW were either under construction, constructed or due to start construction having reached financial closure. Solar accounted for 9.9% (or 22.5 TWh) of Australia’s total electrical energy production in 2020.
Solar power has now become an affordable renewable energy option for businesses and homeowners and looking at this demand the industry gets flooded with the new entrants into the industry. Beyond the CEC Approved Retailers, there more than 500 (and counting) solar panel companies and 4800 accredited installers in the Australian market. And thus it has become increasingly essential for the consumers to assess the reputation of the solar companies before signing the deal.
Why are online reviews important?
According to a survey, 98% of Australians read online reviews before they make a purchase, and 94% believe them to be trustworthy. By extension, Australian buyers have taken on a kind of communal ethos—84% expressed they’d left a review online at least once in their life. By sharing their experiences, shoppers hope to make the buying decisions of future customers a little easier. So as a consumer when you are assessing the reputation of any solar company, you need to put strong focus on the positive and negative reputation of online review sites and other sites where customers engage with each other.
Five step process to evaluating solar companies online:
1. Research: Research is the most important tool to solar installation. Researching on the type of panels and inverter to install and finding the businesses online is easier now. Read the reviews of a few solar companies and study several panel and inverter brands in trend.
2. Consider: Consider checking the reviews of the company at Product review and Google review sites. Also, check in the Facebook page of the company to get more insights of the company. Call on the toll free number (1300274737) of the companies to get obligation free quotes.
3. Review and Ratings: There can be companies with less ratings and more number of reviews and there can be companies with more ratings and less number of reviews. As a customer you need to seek for both. More number of reviews with high ratings can provide genuine product and service as they actually care about their online reputation. Also, consider reading the content of the reviews thoroughly.
4. Settlement: After making a significant online research, compare the reviews of multiple companies before choosing the right one. Check all the social platforms of the companies and make a quality decision.
5. Post-purchase: once the solar is installed on your roof and the system is up and running, take time to put in a genuine online review about the company as it can help upcoming consumers to make the right decision. You can simply add the feedback about the services you received and what can be improved.
Get Going Today
Once you have evaluated the company’s reputation and researched your needs you can take the next step and start saving on your electricity bill. Connect with Australia’s most trusted solar retailer Arise Solar as we offer the best technology, service and customer experience.